The Magento 2 extension for Engage allows Magento customers to leverage Engage as their customer experience platform, enabling a more personalized experience for end-users. Here you'll find information about one of the available functions: promotions and reward vouchers.
You'll find a full and more technical overview of the extension here in the Engage developer portal.
Creating a cart price rule for promotions in Engage
This example demonstrates how to create a 20% off welcome offer.
1) Navigate to Marketing > Cart price rules in Magento admin.
2) Select Add new rule.
3) Name the price rule in the field Rule name and set it as "active".
4) Choose which websites your price rule is valid on.
5) Choose your customer groups (several or all of them can be chosen).
6) Choose the coupon to be a Specific coupon and enter the coupon code. The coupon code is the key reference between the promotion that was created in Engage and the Cart price rule in Magento. This coupon code is what is sent to the customers by email or SMS.
7) A dropdown named Voyado type should now appear. Here, choose Promotion.
8) Set the rules for the discount. A promotion in Engage can be connected to these four rules:
- Percent of product price discount
- Fixed amount discount
- Fixed amount discount for whole cart
- Buy X get Y for free (discount amount is Y)
9) After setting up the rules, select Save and the promotion will be created in Engage as a draft. From there you can choose to assign the discount to your customer segment either manually or through Engage's marketing automation platform.
Combining online and offline promotions
A promotion is automatically created in Engage when creating a Cart price rule in Magento 2, and such a promotion can also be set to be valid in-store (POS). Follow the steps below to enable a promotion to be used in-store:
- In Engage, navigate to the promotion that was created by Magento 2.
- Tick the box Can be used in-store.
- Choose promotion type: Monetary discount, Discount in percent, or External promotion code.
- Enter the value of the discount.
This requires you to have an integration with the POS that supports multichannel promotion assignment in Engage. Note that the type of promotion may vary depending on your integration with the POS.
Using a promotion at checkout
The extension has out-of-the-box support for manually inputting the customer's promotion code, which they received by email or SMS, into the discount code field in checkout. This will automatically apply the discount to the customer's basket.
NOTE: If you want to present all available promotions to the customer, allowing them to choose the one to use at checkout, this will require additional front-end development.
When the purchase in finalized, the extension will redeem the voucher in Engage so that it cannot be used again in other channels.
2) Reward vouchers
As well as promotions, the extension also allows a customer to use a reward voucher as a discount at checkout. A reward voucher is a monetary discount of a fixed amount that was created from points that were earned by the customer.
Reward vouchers are also connected to a Cart price rule in Magento but of a different type than promotions. You need to create ONE master template to be connected to the vouchers in Engage. Once the extension has identified a specific customer in Engage, it will automatically enable the usage of their available vouchers.
Creating a cart price rule for reward vouchers
1) Give the price rule a name in the field Rule name and set it as "active".
2) Choose the coupon to be a Specific coupon and tick Use Auto Generation.
3) Set Uses per coupon to "1".
4) Set Voyado type to "Voucher".
5) Under Actions select "Apply to Voyado voucher" and save the cart price rule.
Applying a reward voucher at checkout
The extension supports manually inputting the voucher number, which has been communicated to the customer by email or SMS, into the discount code field at checkout. This will automatically apply the monetary voucher value as a discount to their basket.
Once the purchase in finalized, the extension will redeem the voucher in Engage so that it can't be used in other channels.
If you want to present all available reward vouchers to the customer, allowing them to choose the one to use at checkout, you will need additional front-end development.
3) Redeeming promotions and reward vouchers
- Redeem when the order has been fulfilled ("Invoice")
- Redeem at the order confirmation stage ("Order")
If the order is not initially booked as an invoice in Magento admin, you should choose the option Order as in the image. This will redeem the promotion or reward voucher as soon as the order has been submitted.