Through Engage you can access a data model suitable for reporting via a third-party analytics tool, such as Power BI, Qlik or any other software supporting Delta Share, which allows more flexible data exploring. As part of this service, Engage offers a Power BI template containing a set of reports to use with Power BI desktop.
There is a generous number of premade reports in the template file for you to use, but more importantly, you can create graphs and reports yourself. You have full ownership of the reports you create using the file and may share them as you please.
You can reload the Power BI file anytime, but the data model it uses updates only once a night.
Power BI desktop can be downloaded from Microsoft here.
Please note that Voyado are not experts or consultants in Power BI and do not provide education or services related to Microsoft Power BI. There are many courses and tips on how to use Power BI on Microsoft’s official learning website.
If you're interested in accessing this feature, contact your Account Manager.
Important about personal data processing
When you load the Power BI file, personal data is stored in the file. Mind that this file is stored locally on your computer if you are using Power BI desktop. Keep the file refreshed when working with it.
Access the bearer token
To open the Power BI template and access the reports in it, you need your tenant-id and a bearer token.
The tenant-id can be found in your Engage URL (it’s usually the subdomain name), while the template and the bearer token are provided by your contact at Voyado. We recommend that you start by downloading the credential file to access your bearer token, as you need to enter it when you open the template in Power BI. Here’s how:
1. Open the databricks email and click on Download Credential File to download and save the file “config.share".
2. Open the file in a text editor. Find the part where it says “bearerToken”.
3. Copy the part after the colon. Do not include the quotes.
4. Enter the bearer token when prompted in Power BI.
Access the template
Now, let’s take a look at how to access the content of the template.
For a visual step-by-step instruction, watch the video below.
1. As you open the data file in Power BI, you are asked to enter your tenant-id in lowercase, and select which environment you want to fetch data from: dev, atst, stag, or prod. In our example, we’ve entered tenant “voyadodemoecom” and select “prod”. Proceed by clicking Load.
2. Now you’re asked to enter your bearer token. Paste it and then click Connect.
Once the bearer token has been authenticated, Power BI starts loading the model and the data.
3. Select the Cover Page tab to read about the template.
To learn about how to use the template, check out this article.