The test scenario groups are randomly selected, and you decide on the size of them (as long as they add up to a total of 100 percent). Then perform your test of choice.
There are two ways of creating test scenario groups in Engage: either create a new segment or use an existing one. Once you’ve created a test scenario, no other contacts will be included. It is, in other words, static.
Create test scenario via the segmentation tool
1. Head into Targeting and select Segmentation tool.
2. Choose a saved segment or build a new one.
3. Click the Action button in the top right corner.
4. Click Create test scenario.
5. Give your test scenario a name, define the number of groups, the group sizes, and save the test scenario by clicking Save.
Create test scenario via the list of saved segmentations or target audiences
1. Head into Targeting and choose a saved segment or target audience.
2. Hover over the segment or target audience you want to base your test scenario on, click the three dots that appear when hovering, and choose Create test scenario.
3. Give your test scenario a name, define the number of groups, the group sizes, and save your test scenario by clicking Save.
Using the test scenario
When your groups are saved, they're ready to be used in your campaign. Create your communication and/or promotions as you normally would and select recipients using Segmentation > Special field > Test scenarios to choose your group for each version.
Follow up your test results and get insight by using the Test Scenario report.