To communicate an offer in an email you use the personalization function to add a link where your recipients can retrieve the code. This way, a code is only redeemed if a recipient clicks the link.
How to insert a code promotion in an email
- Either create a new email or select a draft on the Messages and then Email tab in the left-hand menu.
- Once in the editor, drag and drop a module for the code promotion in the email.
- Click the text box in the module. Select Insert personalized field on the Content tab in the right-hand panel.
- Choose Code promotions and pick a promotion from the list.
- The added code promotion will now become a link once the email is sent.
The code is not displayed in plain text when you send it in an email, but as a link that leads to a page where the code is displayed. Thereby, a code is only used when recipients click on the link.