The abandoned cart automation is used to communicate with your customers who have added products to a shopping cart but haven't proceeded to checkout. Adding a language value split means you can set up a single automation to send communication in their language and get a total overview of statistics from all languages in the same automation.
In this example, we'll be contacting the customer regarding their abandoned cart, using the value split to send an email in the language that the contact uses.
- Create a new Abandoned cart automation.
- Set the entry criteria. For this example, we are using a cart that has been unchanged for a day.
- Next, click on the plus sign and select Value split.
This brings up the Value split panel. Select Language from the Create split based on drop-down menu.
- In the Select value drop-down menu, select your first language and click OK.
- Click Add to add a split for each language. Then click OK.
Now add acitivites, such as emails, to each branch of the split, and finish by saving and activating the automation.