Did you just build an automation in your Staging environment that you would like to activate in your production environment? Export your automation from one Voyado environment to another by using the Export and Import functionality.
Note: Only the structure of the automation and placeholders will be exported, no configuration or content will be included in the export, except time delays.
Make sure to create your content and set up labels in the destination environment to make the editing of the imported workflow easier when imported.
To export an automation workflow, do the following:
1. Navigate to the workflow you want to export in Automations. The export can be done with an automation in any state such as Draft or Active. If exporting a specific version of an automation, the rest of the versions will not be included in the export.
2. Click on the menu button and select Export workflow. This will create a file that is downloaded to your computer. This file will be used to import the automation to another Voyado tenant.
The import function is available from any view in Automations.
To import an automation workflow, do the following:
1. Click on Import workflow in the top right of the screen.
2. Drag and drop the downloaded export file or click Browse and navigate to it.
3. The workflow to be imported is displayed with details of the workflow. The name can be edited before importing.
4. Click on Import and edit workflow to import the workflow. The imported workflow will be saved as a Draft. Your workflow is now imported and can be edited and activated per usual.
The activities marked with a red box need editing before activating the workflow.
Note that you can make a copy of automation workflows within the same Voyado environment without creating an Export, read all about it here.