You can easily create and assign multichannel promotions to segments and contacts in Engage, therefore it is also called personal offers. They can be used to reward customers, be based on previous purchases or assigned based on any type of customer data. This makes it possible to stay relevant to your customers and only spend money on the ones you truly believe in.
This type of offer is only possible if you have an integration with your POS, e-com, or if you use Engage POS Accelerator. If you want to know more about this, feel free to reach out to your Account Manager.
The name of your promotion is for identification and information in the cash window and internal identification in Engage. Make sure that the campaign is easy to identify, preferably with dates as there can be many similar offers over time. Also, make the management of it as simple as possible for your cashier staff.
The validity settings is based on calendar dates.
- The start date is mandatory – If you set a future start date, the offer is not sent to POS/POS Accelerator/e-com before this date, but the offer is scheduled just like an email message.
- The end date is not mandatory – It is possible to have an offer active until further notice and set an end date at a later date. If you want to end the campaign immediately, you go to the offer and click on Deactivate.
- A limited validity period from the time of send-out – It is usually used when the same promotion is to be assigned and communicated to different contacts at different times, e.g., when it is used in an automation.
- Able to use in a physical store – This is mandatory to set up to make the offer available to utilize via the checkout. Here we can also add cash register instructions.
- Able to use online – This is mandatory to make the offer available to use online.
- Discount in SEK, discount in percent – Can in some cases be interpreted by cash/e-com/Engage POS Accelerator
- Manual Cash Instruction – Primarily for those who use the Engage POS Accelerator
- External Promotion code – Id for connecting with current campaign in cash/e-com. In this case, Engage has no knowledge of what the offer itself contains, but the logic is controlled by cash register/e-com.
This data can be accessed via our API for presentation on external web/e-com, e.g. when you want to show personal offers on "My pages" or when you want to show personal offers in emails. Learn more about how to show personal offers in emails here.
When you save the promotion, you can find it under drafts as an inactive promotion. In order to assign it, the promotion must first be activated, then the promotion is moved from drafts to active promotions.
As long as you have not assigned a promotion to any recipients, you can move the promotion back to drafts by clicking deactivate.