Save your long term, strategic segments as Target Audiences so that you can follow them over time and analyze them against your KPIs.
Target Audiences are the strategic segments you have identified and primarily target your marketing towards. This is a big part of your CRM strategy so before you start saving Target Audiences in Voyado, we recommend you to perform an analysis based on specific factors like purchase behavior, location, age, income etc. to identify which groups are relevant for your business and your KPIs.
Target Audiences in Voyado are dynamically updated which means that contacts can fall in and out over time depending on if they still match the set criteria. But remember, Target Audiences will not be dynamic if your criteria include specific dates.
The difference between Segments and Target Audiences
Regular segments are based on a saved set of criteria which will run every time you use them. Whether you are just opening one of your saved segments or selecting it as the recipient group for an email - it's calculated live.
Target Audiences however, are calculated once every night. So when you klick on a Target Audience, whether if you are opening it to see the number of contacts or selecting it as the recipient group for an email, Voyado will show the number of contacts that met the criteria when they were last calculated = last night.
|Calculation||Every time they are used||Once every night|
|Can be analyzed in reports||No||Yes|
|Can be used as a criteria||No||Yes|
How to create a Target Audience
- Go to ‘Contacts’ in the main menu and choose ‘Search and segment’.
- Create your target audience by adding conditions based on rules or groups with one or many rules. For example matching All conditions "Woman", "Age between 18-35" and "Transaction date the latest 12 months"
- When you are done - click ‘Show result’
- Click ‘Save as...’ and select 'Save as a target audience'
- Enter a name (up to 30 characters)