The import function is of great use when you want to import new contacts, if you want to group contacts with labels or when updating existing contacts using a CSV file.
How to prepare your file 📂
- The file type requirement is CSV. When you save your file in Excel make sure to "Save as" CSV (Comma delimited).
- The file must include a column for the key field, this is the required field for a specific contact type.
- Separate different contact types to avoid duplicates.
- The file should include headers so you can map the right receiving field in Voyado (this can be changed manually during the process if the match is incorrect).
- Use labels. A good habit is to always add a column in your file with a unique label, you can always delete this later in Voyado. It's very helpful if you quickly need to find your newly imported contacts.
- Multiple values in one field must be separate with a semi-colon (i.e. label1;label2;label3).
- Phone numbers should always begin with the country code or +. Phone numbers missing the country code will be interpreted as a phone number from your standard region.
- The date of birth must be 8 digits with dashes (for example 1995-12-07).
- Personal identification number for Sweden can be 10 or 12 digits, with- or without dashes. A Finnish Personal identification number can be 11 digits, with- or without dashes.
- Gender must have the format Male/Female with a capital letter or be left empty. (Please note! this field should not be included if your settings allow the Personal identification number to set the age of the contact automatically.)
- Recruited store must be entered with the store's external ID and the header name of the column must include "ID". (Note! If you import contacts with recruiting store, the favorite store in Voyado will automatically be set as the same store.
- The country association must be entered according to standard country codes: SE, FI, NL, DE
Step-by-step guide 🗺️
From the main menu, go to Administration -> Export/Import -> Import contacts. Choose your file and then select which contact type to import.
The contact type is a mandatory field and a file should only contain one type to avoid duplicates. Click next.
Next, select if your contacts should be updated if the key field matches (there is always a mandatory field for a certain contact type, for example, email). You can also choose to not import contacts from your file if the key matches.