Hit the bullseye with your communication🎯
A/B-testing is effective in determining the best way to communicate with your customers. Here are some examples of what A/B-testing may be used for:
- Comparing subject lines
- Promotions or informative content - what do your customers prefer?
- Discounts - monetary vs percentage
- Embedded links in buttons or in text
- Product images vs scenic images
The main purpose of A/B-testing is to determine the impact of a small difference in a message. If the differences are too significant it will be difficult to draw any clear conclusions from the results.
Therefore, a good place to start is by testing different subject lines.
When you have entered your subject lines and your preheaders you will see a preview for each version.
A/B-testing cannot be used in combination with Conditional subject lines and pre-headers.
You may change the percentages allocated to the A and B versions of the message by dragging the black separator. However, note that the percentage allocated to version B will always be equal to version A.
There are a number of options to choose from when selecting how the final, or best, version should be evaluated. Please be aware that there are a few things worth considering before making this selection:
- It takes time for all the recipients to open the message
- There may be some lag in the time taken for the recipient's email server to send a response to Voyado. Keep in mind that it is desirable to have as much data as possible when determining the final version
- If, for instance, your Voyado set-up lacks transactional data there will be no point in using the options based on purchase sum
- If the option used is based on purchase sum please consider the fact that it may take time before the related transactions have been imported to Voyado
When you are in the design step of the message creation, you may choose that each respective module is only presented in one version, or both. You will find this setting in the module menu on the right hand side of the editor.
In the send step you will able to see a preview of the subject line and pre-header for each version.
Both test versions will be sent at the scheduled time to the defined percentage of recipients. The final and best version will then be sent to the remaining audience at the time delay you have specified.
If you chose to send batch-wise, only the winning version that is sent to the remaining audience will be batched up, not the test versions:
To see your results, enter the sent email statistics overview for the specific email, and choose which version to look at in the top right corner.