A Reward program, where your customers earn points based on purchases or when they fulfill some kind of achievement, can be a simple and effective way to build strong bonds of loyalty between your brand and your most frequent customers. It can also provide your customers with a win-win scenario where it makes it more affordable for them to stay loyal to your brand!
In this guide we will go through how it works in Voyado and some key considerations to take into account before launching a reward program.
With the help of Voyado, your customers can either receive Voucher or a special offer when reaching a certain amount of points – you decide! Earned points ay also be used to calculate Member Levels here. to make a person eligible for even more kinds of unique offers.
The way you choose to reward your customers when reaching a certain number of points is more or less only limited by your imagination, but here’s a few common examples:
- Free shipping
- Access to special content or events
- Access to Double Points Shopping Days
- Members-only offers and discounts.
How it works in Voyado
Reward points can be assigned to a customer through a number of different routes in Voyado:
- Based on purchase amounts calculated on receipts
- Assigned through an ahievement like for instance: “purchase product X and your get 100 rewards”, “write a review and get 100 reward”
- Assigned manually, for instance by your customer support agent as a compensation
Your customer’s current reward point status and history will be stated/displayed on contact profiles and may be used for creating segments for campaigns.
Before you can launch a reward program, there are some key considerations to think through, for instance:
- How many points should a customer receive for every 1 out of your default currency? Example: 1 reward point for each Euro
- When should an earned reward point expire? Example: never, rolling or per calendar year?
- How should returns affect the total amount of points earned?
- Are there any products or transactions you would like to exclude from earning reward points?
- How should reward points be transformed into a currency or voucher that your customers can redeem in your store(s)? Find more info on this topic here!
- Through a fixed percentage: when a decided minimum of points is reached a Rewards voucher is calculated in Voyado based on % of earned points. Example: if you set the calculation rate to 5%, and a customer have earned 1000 reward points, they would receive a voucher for 50 Euro (if Euro is your default currency).
- Through a tabled model: a fixed value will be applied to a reward voucher when a decided amount of points have been earned.
Does all this look complicated? Not to worry! We will guide and help you and your colleagues through this process one step at the time!