Targeting is the key to success in CRM marketing. It is used to create groups of contacts which have the same characteristics and attributes and makes it possible to execute a strategy based on buying behavior, demographic data, and engagement levels. In Voyado, you can easily identify and create segmentations based on all the data you have stored.
Start building a segmentation by creating groups of criteria based on the following three conditions:
- All - All of the criteria entered shall be met for a contact to be included in the segmentation.
- Any - One or more of the criteria shall be met for a contact to be included in the segmentation.
- None - None of the criteria shall be met for a contact to be included in the segmentation.
A group works as an isolated set of criteria. This makes it possible for you to use and re-use All, Any, None when you build up your segmentation.
Example: This segmentation consist of customers that match all of the criteria:
- Has the member level "Silver"
- Has purchased an item from the article group "Pants"
- Has not purchased an item from the article group "Sweaters".
When you are done building your segmentation, hit Calculate and get a quick overview of:
- How many contacts that match your criteria (in count)
- How many contacts that match your criteria (in percentage)
- The number of contacts that are reachable by email
- The number of contacts that are reachable by SMS
- The number of contacts that are reachable by postal send-outs
The calculation might take a few seconds depending on how complex your query is. You are free to leave the page and do something else (prep content, build an automation or follow up on results) while Voyado does the calculation in the background.
When you want to check out the result - visit Recent segmentations in the main menu. You will find it there together with all the other queries you have recently built but not yet saved as segmentations or target audiences.
When you re-visit a segmentation you will see when it was last calculated and how long the previous calculation took. If you wish to recalculate it and get up-to-date figures, simply click Calculate segmentation.
You can easily validate your segmentation by looking through a couple of customer profiles to check if they seem to match the criteria you had in mind. Click Show contacts.
Save as Segmentation
Segmentations are dynamic which means that they are recalculated every time they are used (for example as the recipient group for an email) and contacts that match the criteria will always be included. But remember, the segmentation will not be dynamic if your criteria includes specific dates.
Save as Target audience
Target audiences are calculated once every night. So when you click on a Target Audience, whether you are opening it to see the number of contacts or selecting it as the recipient group for an email, Voyado will show the number of contacts that met the criteria when they were last calculated = last night. Read more about Target audiences here