How to build successful Customer Journeys
Identify customer touch points in all channels, from unidentified to known, and automate everything from onboarding activities, abandoned carts to win-back communication. Target people based on their online and offline behavior, stage in customer lifecycle, preferences or other available data.
The purpose is to optimize engagement and keep them active by providing them with loads of love, inspiration, guidance and surprises.
Focus on initiatives that makes your customers love your brand and keep them visit your store, online or offline. Brand loyalty does not come for free, you must always strive to exceed customer expectations.
- Proceed from the different customer lifecycle stages and identify touch points in all channels. Create automation maps for:
- Onboarding activities – from unknown to registered
- Activation – motivate the customer to visit you again
- Reward and retain – engaged customers must be rewarded
- Win-back – don’t give up, there’s always a chance to motivate the customer to come back
- Exit – you can’t win them all. Don’t be a bad looser, and make sure you say goodbye in style
Successful marketing automations are built with smartness and relevance. To start with you must ensure having targeted and personalized content in place, which might be the most time-consuming part. But when you’ve done your homework, implementing the processes will be very straightforward.
🏛Rome wasn't built in a day - Focus on getting started and continuously broaden and improve the journeys. We also recommend you to audit the automations occasionally, since content, pictures and tone of voice will sometimes require updates to be aligned with your business objectives.
Suggested next step: Working with marketing automation