Multivariate testing is about combining two or three variables to see which combination works better to reach desired results from your marketing.
We recommend starting with two or three variables to change. It does get time consuming to analyze the results the more variables you change, but the results can be worth it.
Here is an example of how you can perform the test
- Button color: Red vs. Green
- Position of button: Under the header image vs. At the bottom of the email
- 1: Red button – Under the header image
- 2: Red button – At the bottom of the email
- 3: Green button – Under the header image
- 4: Green button – At the bottom of the email
Send these to four different test scenario groups with the same amount of contacts (e.g., 5,000 each). Learn how to create test scenario groups in Engage here.
After you have sent them, analyzing is simple. Which button and color got the highest percentage of clicks? Send that email to the rest of your contacts and use it going forward.