The main purpose of A/B testing is to determine the impact of a small difference in a message. If the differences are too significant it'll be difficult to draw any clear conclusions from the results. Therefore, a good place to start is by testing different subject lines.
If you want some inspiration for your subject lines and preheaders, you can utilize the AI generator.
- Create a new email and tick the box A/B testing.
- Start by writing subject line A (and optional preheader A). Then, by the Subject line B or Preheader B field, click on AI suggestions.
- The AI will detect the language automatically, but you can choose another language in the dropdown.
- Click Generate new suggestions to get new options to choose from.
- Once you find something you like, click on the option to use it as subject line or preheader and edit as desired.
- Continue to make your recipient settings and email design.
A/B testing cannot be used in combination with conditional subject lines and preheaders.